Coaching and Mentoring is a different approach to employee development that focuses on future possibilities, not past mistakes and encourages the employee to identify and solve problems and challenges. It is a very non-threatening and positive way to help staff take more responsibility for their own learning and continuous development.
Coaching can .....
A coaching culture can.......
Who Says So?CIPD Training and Development Survey
Companies surveyed who had used a Coaching and Mentoring approach reported the following:
- 99% - said it delivered tangible benefits
- 96% - said it was effective in promoting learning
- 93% - said it enabled the transfer of learning to the workplace
- 92% - reported a positive impact on bottom line results.
Fortune 1000 companies study:
Companies involved in the study reported the following benefits as a result of using Coaching and Mentoring:
- an average of 53% increase in productivity
- 39% increase in effective customer service
- 32% increase in retention of key people
- 23% reduction in costs
- 22% increase in bottom line profitability
Xerox Corporation – 87% increase in effectiveness of formal training when followed up with coaching.
International Personal Management Assoc. – Training programmes supported by ongoing coaching improved workforce performance by 88%.
An International Coaching Federation survey of 4,000 companies found the benefits of coaching to be:
Let’s “follow the data” and get coaching embedded into our organisations!
Through our network of HR professionals we gather a lot of opinion and what actually happens in reality. Become a member to access a whole range of resources but in the meantime read or download our latest opinion below.